Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: network connection

I have 2 computers one is connected to the internet thru a cable modem when i unplug the one that works to the other comp direct from the modem, wich is configured and new network adapter wich device manager says it ok and drivers are there,the light comes on the back of adapter when i plug in the ethernet cable, Both computers are running ME ( sorry) My IP address comes up 169.###.### and won't connect to the internet My other IP is 24.###.### some thing seems tobe blocking the internet on the second computer.Both comps have different name's.Thanks to who replies
    MERRY CHRISMAS to all

OK ya a little vague on the finer details of ya network setup here. Is ya cable modem USB or a nic connection? Does the PC that connects to the internet have ICS installed? Also if ya doin' a direct nic to nic LAN connection between the two PC's are ya usin' a straight network cable or a crossover cable? Are both PC's under the same Workgroup name? It may help also to read this thread before ya get back to us though all but the last number of the IP addresses should be the same.

OK Thanks for the reply i got that figured out my network card was no good ( Brand new to) And im using nic connection and only the one computer and it's lan /modem Thanks again

OK thanks to who replied to my networking problem after days and hours with shaw trying to figure out what was wrong after the fith nic we changed the modem and it all works great now there was something wrong with the cat 5 connection on the modem i thought id tell you's incase someone els has the same hair pulling expirence
    Thanks again for all the support and information
    BUDLITE

Thread Information