Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: how to bring up IP of viewer

Does any one know how to run back ground operations on a site so it will bring up the viewers IP, IE version and OS? Ive seen sum guy do it in his sig on here, but have no idea how itís done.

Iím not sure if im posting in the right section but, i have looked all over and havenít seen any post that answers my question.

Thanks 2 Anyone That Answers!

are you talking about for your own site? Its a simple java script, but the one that has the little picture is done with php i think.
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

yup i just want it for my site, do u knw where i can find this java script ?

http://www.danasoft.com/

there's a couple of different variations..

thanks for that!

i was woundering is there anywhere that will do jst the details and the source code, so it doesnt hav to be a image file an can be embedded in to my sites coding?

:woot:

Quote Originally Posted by RJ-45
    thanks for that!

i was woundering is there anywhere that will do jst the details and the source code, so it doesnt hav to be a image file an can be embedded in to my sites coding?

:woot:
    on their site it says the source code is available for purchase. you could just remove the part with the image from the source.. or ask them if its possible when you inquire about purchasing the source.

Is there a program that displays the IP? Because I am with Telstra, they are cheap and charge for static IP, so I have dynamic IP at the moment. But when I use the ipconfig command it only shows the IP to connect to the modem, not the IP for the internet. The image you have in this thread shows my IP, I was wondering if there was a program similar to it.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DraGoN-BoY
    Is there a program that displays the IP? Because I am with Telstra, they are cheap and charge for static IP, so I have dynamic IP at the moment. But when I use the ipconfig command it only shows the IP to connect to the modem, not the IP for the internet. The image you have in this thread shows my IP, I was wondering if there was a program similar to it.
    Cheers
    you can go to http://ipchicken.com/

and it will display your external IP [what the internet sees you as].

if you have access to the router's config utility (assuming you are behind one), you can just bring it up and it will tell you, and usually how much longer you will be leasing that IP addy
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information