Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Network virgin looking for wireless help

Grateful if someone can help with some advice. AT present I'm using dialup with a long phone extension cable to the socket. I want to upgrade to Broadband, but rather than install a new phone socket wonder if a wireless solution would be better. A colleague said he had used a wireless router. I've browsed some eshops and found this product - a com bined router/adsl modem http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=48452

Its cheap and seems to suggest that all I need to do is plug it into a spare phone socket, buy a wireless adaptor card for my PC and thats it - or am I completely missing whats needed here it all seems too easy. Also is the speed quoted of 11mbps a decent speed for broadband - it appears to offer 512k ps which should be easily accommodated in this router/modem. Grateful for any advise :confused:

Beefy Guest

That looks fine, although personally I'd be looking for a 802.11g compatible device. Doesn't matter too much though.

Thread Information