Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SETUP Network passkey in Xp pro

hi everyone here, first of all, happy new year to alll of you guys..
    i just upgrade my pc yesterday, i sign up for Road runner cable. and also i bought a Linksys rounter in order to share the network with my friends who lives next door...
    but i dont know how to setup a passkey or WEP? i dont know how you call it.. so i didnt setup one, i worried that everybody around the area would be able to use my network connection without typing a password..
    so any one be so kind teaching me how to make it work.:wow: :wow:
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

You'll need to access your router's setup page. Go into your web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into your web brower. When prompted for a password, leave the name blank and enter admin with no capital letters in the password field. After that, it depends on your router. I happen to have a Linksys router so if you give me the product ID (seemingly random numbers and letters that should be somewhere on the router) I could help you some more. Or you can go here, and find instructions for your particular router. You can also just call Linksys. I have done it myself a few times with some tricky wireless PCI cards. No charge, but there might be a wait.
    And by the way, this should probably be under networking rather than Windows (setting this up is almost entirely OS-independent). No major problem, but keep that in mind next time you need help.:cheers:

Edit: hehe, admins relocated pretty quickly too.

wow... it really help, you help me a lot.. i got it setuped last night, thanks a billion,man i appreciate that:thumb:
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Thread Information