Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What remote program do you use?

coz they would try & put in more features which would slow it down...ICQ for instance on machines without much memory...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

and why would they do that when their main advantage over their competitors products appears to be speed?
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

*shrugs* just tryin to make sure they don't start headin the wrong way :)

Quote Originally Posted by SileNceR

i'm intrigued as to why they would even consider "retarding" their program... that would just be stupid
    We'll as the story goes their big institutional customers want more security than either a password to get on the machine or needing to have someone on the other end give you permission to proxy the PC with HOST installed. Some customers wanted an in between option for training new users in other offices on a WAN where the person proxying in does not have any rights to change any major options [like hardware configs, or control panel preferences] unless the user gives them permission to do it.

For example you have people training new employees remotely via proxy on how to do something, you can give them permission to access PCs via Proxy but they can only see what the user is doing on the other end they can't teake control of their machine. It is supposed to also be able to be configured so users with a different security level would be able to take control of the PC but wouldn't be able to make any major changes via control panel or the registry.

Its a pretty good idea on paper but we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.. :eek:

hrm, that sounds like a fair bit of work...we might be waitin a while for this :(

you can control any windows pc using netmeeting - works really well - already installed on win2k /xp (its what xp uses for remote desktop)

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar
    you can control any windows pc using netmeeting - works really well - already installed on win2k /xp (its what xp uses for remote desktop)
    Yeah but if i remember correctly netmeeting keeps asking the host user [the person on the PC being controlled] whether they want to allow you to do anything you try to do..

I like the web based client for remote desktop in XP, its the coolest. Security wise its stupid though... :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD

Yeah but if i remember correctly netmeeting keeps asking the host user [the person on the PC being controlled] whether they want to allow you to do anything you try to do..

I like the web based client for remote desktop in XP, its the coolest. Security wise its stupid though... :eek:
    if you have a domain controller on your network, netmeeting works great, as long as the person trying to access the other machine is an admin on it, set it to make and recieve secure calls only, and you dont have to ask for permission to use the desktop, its what i use at home and at work, and i love it!!
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

Smile Re: What remote program do you use?

I am using Remote Access solution called "RemotePC" (http://www.ibackup.com/remote_access/)
    It is very easy and simple to use. It offers security and is very cost effective.
    It allows you to access your Internet enabled home or office computer from a remote computer with Internet access anywhere in the world and run applications and other programs, read emails, access your data files and even transfer files between your computer and the remote computer.
    They have a free trial version, so you can test it and then buy it if it suits your needs.

Regards
    Brad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information