Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What remote program do you use?

In my other thread with the networking problem, im gonna try another remote controlling program. PCAnywhere doesn't work in XP, well it does but i lose the function to switch users...1 question about that, does ne1 know if once i install PCAnywhere & it disables that feature, can i re-enable it somehow?

well the main reason for this thread is, what program have u heard of or use to control another computer over the network, it has to be like visual control..

im thinking about using say netbus becoz i think it has a way of controlling the computer as if it were connected to the monitor...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

What do you want to re-enable switching users for anyway? its off here... u r the only user of ur boxen so there is really no point...
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

hehe, yeah i know, but one day i MIGHT want to use it..:)

if you are controlling an XP box you can setup Remote Desktop on the box you want to control [which requires IIS] and then you just need a PC with a web browser that supports activeX to control your Win XP pro computer. I set this up in my house when I had RC2 running during the summer. works pretty well on a local LAN..

I just don't trust it security wise..

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
    hehe, yeah i know, but one day i MIGHT want to use it..:)
    fool... you're whining about something possibly deactivating a feature you dont currently and never will use... give it up... sheesh
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by SileNceR

fool... you're whining about something possibly deactivating a feature you dont currently and never will use... give it up... sheesh
    Well then, as a challenge, pretend that he does utilize user-switching :).

Quote Originally Posted by SileNceR

well i just like to have all features there if someday i need to use them :toung:

btw, some ppl on OCAU suggested this program called Proxy...all i have to say is IT WHOMPS VNC & PCANYWHERE!!

well i just like to have all features there if someday i need to use them :toung:

btw, some ppl on OCAU suggested this program called Proxy...all i have to say is IT WHOMPS VNC & PCANYWHERE!!
    Funk Software's Proxy is pretty nice we use it where I work. and we have a geographically disperse WAN spanning 26 cities in 4 countries. And not every office is connected via a fast frame relay link some office have as little as 56k connections between them. we get good performance out of it. and you can do things like turn down high color icons/desktop for the session or my favorite supress the keyboard and mouse from the end user so you don't fight with them for the mouse..

Proxy 3.09 is very bug free, just make sure you have the video acceleration turned all the way up in windows system properties because if you don't the screen fails to update in proxy..

My contact at Funk tells me they have NT level control permissions in store for the next version of proxy..

tell this contact not 2 change how fast it updates!!! :) becoz the second i do something it is pretty much instant, its like controlling that computer...almost :)

tell this contact not 2 change how fast it updates!!! :) becoz the second i do something it is pretty much instant, its like controlling that computer...almost :)
    i'm intrigued as to why they would even consider "retarding" their program... that would just be stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information