Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless network help!

Quote Originally Posted by Farscape
    But if wireless can access wired, cant they do it other way around? Anyhoo I found this on my router settings.
    I would think that as well, but computers always find a way to surprise you :)
    The Mac addresses are a security option. If it is not enabled, than it won't cause any problems.
    The "command" should be entered in the address bar of windows explorer.
    Here are 2 links to forum discussions about the same problem.
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...s.cfm?t=142115
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...7015~mode=flat

If you still can't make it work it would be a good idea to send an email to Belkin if they have any ideas. Because my knowledge of wireless LAN is limited (or non-existent)
    "Make FPS, not war"

Yeah Ive sent one off to Belkin. They'll prolly know the answer.
    EDIT: This is what they said regarding games "If the game in hosted in your network , you will need to open the ports in Virtual servers, while if the game is in some other network you will need to open the ports under application ports"
    EDIT: I went into my Firewall > Virtual Servers and found that I can add specific games to my active worlds? Is this the game problem?
    P4 2.6Ghz w/HT (DELL)
    512 PC3200 400Mhz DDR
    GF4 MX 440 64MB 8X AGP
    Intel 865G chipset
    Win XP Home

That could very well be the problem. I also saw that the router has an UPnP option. That is also something you could test.
    I couldn't find it in the manual, but can your router create log files? If so, perhaps you check those right after you tried to access the other HDD or play a game. Also you could try to place both pc in the DMZ of your router. !DON'T! use that for normal use, since the pc will have no protection against hackers. It is just a way of determining where the problem is.

CU
    "Make FPS, not war"

YES! Woot! The Firewall> Virtual Servers is how you add ports for specifc games. I tried it for BF1942, turn off cable modem, and the pcs saw the game over LAN :):):):)
    P4 2.6Ghz w/HT (DELL)
    512 PC3200 400Mhz DDR
    GF4 MX 440 64MB 8X AGP
    Intel 865G chipset
    Win XP Home

How's the file sharing working? Still can't see from the wired computer or is that fixed now too?

Yeah the file sharing is still buggered, cant see wireless from wired.
    P4 2.6Ghz w/HT (DELL)
    512 PC3200 400Mhz DDR
    GF4 MX 440 64MB 8X AGP
    Intel 865G chipset
    Win XP Home

Then try the stuff I suggested in services.msc. I found this is the cause of this problem for a lot of people, and it almost definetely is the cause if you have gone through Persian Immortal's XP tweaking guide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information