Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Networking Plz!

Beefy, I used 192.168.0.1 for the XP Home (this is where the DSL is connected to) and 192.168.0.2 for the XP pro. Subnet is 255.255.255.0 thesame to both PC's. No DNS etc..

The PC says its connected but when i ping they can't communicate to each other. It says 100 Loss.

And also on my Windows XP Pro i got error saying "Error on Network DDE and it needs to be close Sorry for the inconvenience" blah blah!

Many thanks to you guys! Im still stuck! :(

Did you set up the XP Home (this is where the DSL is connected to) First?? as it has to be done before the other box?

Yup i did! actually it was running fine. Until the other Winxp Home that was connected to it got broke down. And thats why i'm connecting another PC to it.

Haaaaay... I don't know.. em stuck. I just can't figure out whats going on.

do me a favor, type the following from the command prompt of each PC:
    [code:1:62c6b73774]ping 127.0.0.1[/code:1:62c6b73774]and give us the results :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

thanks minibubba for the reply. i'm going to do what you told and thats for sure... but right now, I can't give you the results co'z em not on both machines. Tommorow i'll post the results. May i ask whats that numbers?

i assume you're familiar with the ping command?
    127.0.0.1 is the local loopback address and can be used to determine if TCP/IP is working correctly. it's possible that your TCP/IP stack is corrupted. Athough it's unlikely, it's best to rule it out. :)

I see.. thanks man! I'll do the pinging tommorow. What if one of them is corrupted? What should i do?

Oh this might help.

The PC with WinXP Home is using a Lan Adapter prebuilt from the motherboard. While the other PC with WinXP Pro is using PCI 32Bit because its an old PC with Athlon 800 Mhz only.

Many thanks! appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    What if one of them is corrupted? What should i do?
    I actually had to look this one up, apparently XP handles TCP/IP differently that previous versions (including win2K). XP now considers TCP/IP one of the 'core components' :hammer:
    (which means you can't uninstall TCP/IP)

but the good news is, you can fit it, if the stack is indeed corrupted. You will need to run the following from the command prompt: [code:1:02dffae34f][b]netsh int ip reset [log_file_name][/b][/code:1:02dffae34f]
    You can name the log file whatever you want, something like resetiplog.txt for example.

there is more info in this KB article here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299357

The network cards should be fine, as long as they both support a common speed, such as 10/100 Mbps

minibubba.. I did the pinging and both TCP/IP of both PC's are working properly. Maybe the reason they can't communicate with each other is because, the other PC is 4 years older. thats just my guess who knows that might be the problem.

Well anyway.. i managed to fixed the other XP Home PC that is usually the one who is connected it. So its all working fine now. Thanks to all of you replied to my post. cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information