Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Networking help?!?

Make sure you try resetting the router if you have like I said.
    After doing that, try to use file sharing between the two computers. To do this, go to My Computer and open up Network places. If both computers are plugged in, there should be a folder called SharedDocs on [whatever the computers name is here]. If not, you might have a connection problem.

Ya i see the folder, has the computers name on it that im on but i cant open it but on the other computer i can open that one.

Well double-check that they both don't have firewalls on. Also make sure they don't have any extra software firewalls installed (such as Zone Alarm).

Go to start, run, type in services.msc. Make sure the following three services on both computers are set to Automatic:
    Server
    Workstation
    Network Location Awareness (NLA)

Have you tried doing what I said with the router (holding the reset button for thirty seconds, unplugging the router, then plugging it back in after a minute)?

Nice! ty for the help lol the fire walls where on and i did the reset on the router and it worked ty Yawgm0th for all your help :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information