Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Networking help?!?

Im useing windows xp and a linksys router trying to hook up 2 computers how would i go about getting the 2 computer to work with each other?

Both computers are sending and receiveing, but if i try a lan game start a sever with one computer and try to join on the other computer, game dont show up? Sorry Big Noob :cry:

Did you try the network setup wizard (in Control Panel\Network Connections)? If not, you should. Also make sure your built-in firewall is disabled. Also in Network connections, right-click the icon that says Local Area Connection and click properties. In there, click the advanced tab and make sure the Internet Connection Firewall box is left unchecked. It would also help to know what game\games you're trying. You could be doing something wrong in-game.

Battlefield Vietnam is the game, and what do i use under network connectings or what type of connecting do i pick?

Just do what I said in Network Connections if you didn't already (I can't get much more specific there....). As for Battlefield Vietnam, I don't own it and can't help you much there. :(

Damn then i must be doing something wrong, did all of that they are both sending and receiveing but how can i test it to see if it is working? Tryed a diff game Warcraft 3 over the network and no go. :?

You haven't gone through any Windows XP tweaking guides, have you?

Anyway, how do you have the cords setup? Let's say you have a 4-port router. You will have four LAN ports, and one WAN port (you'll be able to tell which is which). Plug the two computers into two of the LAN ports. If you want an internet connection, plug the modem into the WAN port. Assuming the router is powered, everything should work at this point. If not, try holding down the reset button on your router for thirty seconds, then unplugging it and leaving it off for a minute. This should reset the route, in case the settings have been screwed around with so that your games won't work.

I have a 4 port LAN Router frist computer, is hooked to port 1 is coming form a gigabit lan port on the computer, and computer 2 to port 2 on the router and form a 100mbps port.

Try what I said with resetting the router. Also try plugging in the cable modem and check if you have internet access.
    Have you used a Windows XP tweaking guide?

Cant try to hook to the net damn modem is usb only :( And no i have not used Windows XP tweaking guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information