Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadband tweaking guide

No... no NIC is a router by itself... your computer COULD become one if it had two NIC's and set the computer up to perform as a router. But if you only have one computer attached to the connection, you most likely do not have a router.

Hmm, I believe that we are having two entirely different discussions here.
    TisMeDT if you have DSL then you must have a router/ dsl modem. If it is not external then it can be built into your nic card. I have a external router(the most common) and It can be connected to my pc through my usb or my nic card. The nic is prefrerable. Yours definitely could be a nic with a built in router for dsl.
    Zeradul, I know little about networking. All I know is that I can plug my router into a hub which splits my connection and both of my computers can grab an IP through there individual nic cards. However the performance of my Router never changes and the max combined speed of both computers is 1 meg. This is the max internet connection. I do understand that the two computers can communicate much faster than that with each other however. That sums up my total and very limited knowlege of Nic cards. Pitiful aint it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information