Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help configuring a Belkin Wireless modem/router

Default Re: Help configuring a Belkin Wireless modem/router

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteDan
    My problem now, is that I've got it all working with 2 pc's, but it won't access certain sites/pages in Internet Explorer, notably ebay and msn, infact sometimes even google wont load. They all work in AOL's crappy browser, but I ain't using that. I'll try the 0800 number, if not it's back to the shop it goes!
    I had the same problem using AOL and found that if you set the MTU setting in the WAN connection settings on the router to 1400 the problem is solved. Also change the timeout option to = 0

Also upgrading to service pack 2 (if you're on windows xp) may help.

Im having the same trouble with IE only viewing some sites, stopping MSN, stopping XP updating / registering. AOL works fine tho!!!

Ive done those two settings tho, MTU = 1400 and TIMEOUT = 0

HELPME :)

i have a wireless belkin router and the laptop with the wireless card connects without any problems its fine but the desktop im using right now has problems for one i cant connect to aim......i cant even ping the laptop or net send to it....please help me configure my router to fix this annoyying problem

thx, from a 15 year old

Hello!

Well am pretty sure am with most of you thinking that i should not have paid 90 for this router. Am using the Belkin ADSL router (Mod number: F5D7630uk4A) Any who...i would like to put forward this problem am having.

I live in a house of 5 people and there is 1 desktop and 4 notebooks.
    3 are wireless and 2 and ethernet.

I have a notebook and it seems that everyone in the house has a connection to the internet but me. Am using a Belkin wireless card (54g) as well but i have no connection to the internet at all. What i can do is go on the network and people can access my files and i can access their files but there is no internet connection for me. In the bottom corner the green light glows to tell me am connected, but it is not receving anuthing from the router, just sending packets.

I have knocked off all firewalls on my computer, the ones i know about. Am not sure if there can be hidden firewalls within programs, is this a possiablity?

I have also changed the channels and ranges on the router page but to no avail. I have went back to the default settings on the IE security setup and there was nothing that came on. I have called up Belkin tech support but they have been useless to me, they keep telling me to restart the router, but this does not help.

Its not faulty wireless card because i have tried with a different one (same model) which has worked on other notebooks but still nothing works on mine when i try it. The router is not too far away from my notebook so the range is not a problem either.

Am running out of ideas and its driving me up the wall, it would be an amazing help if someone could give me a few ideas to try out.

Thanks in advance

Did you check gateway address in router?Open configuration in IE and chech does your's router you have internet connection?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information