Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Belkin Adsl Modem with built in router Problem

Unhappy Belkin Adsl Modem with built in router Problem

Ok..i see that other people have a problem....i have the same problem...no access to the config page.....but i also note that in ipconfig.....ip and gateway isn't recognised...i.e ip address 00.00.00.00
    default gateway 0.00.00.00.
    u get the jist.....i when i try to ping it with the settings given to me by Belkin help line...i get 100% packet loss...which means theres no communication between computer and modem...but when i connect to my partners comp...its recognised in ipconfig and it pings ok but no access to config page.
    I've no firewall running...my OS is Win2k...i have 2 new h/d's in...no viruses. Im at a lost...the help i've received is from the U.S. help desk....i keep missing the U.K help deskdue to work. SO....any suggestios would be great plse.
    And if i've missed anything then plse ask for more details as i'll be more than happy to provide it:)

Default Re: Belkin Adsl Modem with built in router Problem

If you don't have an IP address, then pinging is useless.

Just to make sure, have you got the link lights on your network port / the port you're plugged into on the router to show you've got a connection? That's the first thing..

After that, the router should be giving you an IP address, but it sounds like it's not. Did the helpdesk give you an IP address that the router should be by default? If so, then set the IP on your computer manually to an address above it (if the router was 192.168.1.1, set yours to 192.168.1.2) then try ping again.
    All around me are familiar faces
    Worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for their daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere

Thread Information