Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem

Question Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem

Can anyone suggest why the all new Yahoo and Hotmail email does not view well on my Netscape 7.0 (oh and IE) on my MAC and PC.
    Anything listed within the frame is way off to the right and I need to scroll over to see it.
    Could my Java be not their cup of coffee?
    Is is a question of firewall prohibition?
    I tried emailling them but they either want money for questions or they completely ignore me........
    <colour=dark green>I could have been Steve Jobs in another life.

Default Re: Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem

Define "view well." Is it really just a problem with scrolling off to the side?
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 11-04-2004 at 07:05 AM.

Screen resolution could be one "bump in the road" what resolution are you using?
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Cool Re: Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem

"View Well" = The web page layout for email consists of the static frame and the specific data (my folders and emails) which fills out the remainder of the frame. What I am getting is when I say, click on a folder (to the left) when the page refreshes I see a horizontal bar extend completely across the screen where it should only highlight the folder I clicked on. What this does is make the emails list or individual email display outside the frame - to the right. I could take a screen shot if useful.

On my PC the screen resolution is set to 800 x 600 - likewise the MAC. I tried altering this a while ago as it was suggested as a possible fix but it made no difference. This error occurred when Yahoo changed the look of the email and as I never alter my screen resolution I assumed that it was something to do with the software which Yahoo (& Hotmail) have used to update the email program. I also use 3Deep E Color on the PC but not on the MAC. Incidentally, on the MAC OS X 10.2 using IE 5.2 this problem does not occur, but it does on OS 9.2 using Netscape 7

A screenshot would be helpful.

I could also suggest you just switch to Mozilla Firefox (in my sig) for your Windows computer. It will open 99% of web pages that IE can in my experience, and the only thing I ever have to use IE for is Windows Update. It has a superior interface (most people that use it say so, anyway), and you shouldn't have problems with popups or spyware of any kind.

Uploaded one screen shot as jpg. http://forums.tweaktown.com/attachme...hmentid=&stc=1
    Another to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem-image1-jpg 

Second view shows the contents way off to the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem-image3-jpg 

That's... odd. Does it look the same way in IE?

BTW, try Mozilla and see if it has the same behavior. It's based off of Netscape code, but is far superior to both IE and NEtscape in many way.

IE was having the same effect, but when I checked it this week it seems to have got better.....
    Incidently this page - where I type this message is also a little wider than the screen but it has no scroll bar.
    I will download your Mozilla and let you know the outcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem-image4-jpg 

This is the view from IE 5.50
    My netscape is Vs7.0 (Mozilla/5.0)
    Attached Images Attached Images Netscape and Yahoo/Hotmail problem-image5-jpg 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information