Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need a way to get on the network

Default need a way to get on the network

I need access to a LAN. However, the administration issues a specific computer to each person that they configure for use on the LAN. This was three years ago, and the laptop I have is severely outdated. Since then I have built my own desktop and now want to hook that one up. What I didn't realize was that the administration will not configure any computers that were not issued by them. I have tried plugging it straight into the wall, and when I check the network connections it will show a positive connection but internet explorer or anything else requiring network access will not work. I have also tried a router, with the same result. Is there some way to hook up through the laptop to simulate a proper security configuration? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: need a way to get on the network

PLug in your laptop, find out the IP address / network settings, put those settings in your desktop machine. Unplug laptop, plug in desktop.
    All around me are familiar faces
    Worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for their daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere

Thread Information