Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ADSL Trouble

Default ADSL Trouble

Due to my frequent disconnecting, I recently reinstalled my modem drivers only to find that after reinstalling it, I am able to connect to the internet but not able to browse websites and it seems that I am not actually connected (error messages from I.E. say that I'm 'offline'). I have reinstalled the modem drivers a few times before but they work perfectly during all those times. I tried to uninstall and reinstall ALL the network drivers again and again but nothing seems to work. I know it could be a DNS problem but I've tried to manually input my isp's DNS server addresses and it still doesn't work. BTW my cd-rom drive is spoilt and I reinstall the drivers from a copy of the adsl cd and windows 98 on my harddisk. I really don't want to reformat my computer and as my cd-rom drive is spoilt, I don't know if I even can reformat it. I don't know whats the error and what to do, I'm really at my wits' end so I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks.

Default Re: ADSL Trouble

Its okay for now because my brother has already reformatted the computer but I would still like to know about the possible causes/ways to solve this if anyone knows.
    Last edited by kuraeru; 05-25-2005 at 01:20 AM.

Thread Information