Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Internet Explorer 6 Problem

Default Internet Explorer 6 Problem

Hello, i have a problem with ie6, with opening windows. When i click on internet explorer icon it opens maximized which i like, but when i click on a link on a webpage it always opens up to be a maximized page, which it shouldnt be and even if i drag the window to be a regular medium sized page and then close it the next time i click on a link it always opens up to be a maximized page, and when i click on links that are supposed to make there own size like for example ( if you go to www.kingdomofloathing.com) and you click on the picture of an item it shows you a description for the item and it is supposed to only open up into a small box but on mine it justs puts it back all the way to max and cant change it (that was an example that happens to me on every link for anysite that i click on) and i saw that theres a way to repair ie if i have to but i can not see it in the list in add.remove programs.

All help is needed and i use ie6 and windows xp sp2

EDIT: i have tried firefox and this does not happen but i really wish to not use firefox because i like ie better.

Default Re: Internet Explorer 6 Problem

Bump,sorry to bump i just wanted to be sure anyojne can see this thread and see whats wrong with my ie because it ias fully updated from windows updates and hp updates, and it wont show up on add/remove programs and this has happened since i actually got the pc june 2nd and i was wondering if i have to show you my hjt log which i could do.

Personally, I would just go back to Firefox. I recently switched to Firefox and my internet has never been so stable. Plus Firefox is safer than IE6. I will never go back.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Right click on you IE shortcut and just set it to run in "normal window". Whatever the site is set to open in will open that way. Not so huge yet not so small and it should remember. I agree with case on firefox. Only problem is many websites/servers are still based off of IE so many sites will not be viewed correctly.

Thread Information