Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: About Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams?

Default About Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams?

Hello,

What do guys say about Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams ? are authentic? any board or higher authority recognise them? I need to make sure that they are ok and worth paying & taking them.

Default Re: About Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams?

All very helpful at getting various types of jobs as a computer technician or similar field. The better ones (CCNA, e.g.) are necessary for higher-paying jobs, such as network or systems administators.

Default Re: About Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams?

Quote Originally Posted by Majid
    Hello,

What do guys say about Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+, Network+ Exams ? are authentic? any board or higher authority recognise them? I need to make sure that they are ok and worth paying & taking them.
    well two years ago I went to a career center and took the two year course of cisco networking systems.
    in the first year I got the A+. net +, server + certs.
    the second year I got the CCNA. and a gold medel for first place in state competition and a two year scholarship at a state college, and finished the Bisci cabeling course but not certed for that yet in telecommunications.

also, I am a certitied electronic techician, jurneyman electrician, industerial electronic tech in automation and robotics.
    and I am still trying to find a job.

Certs are nice, but it's really all about the degree. I'm A+ and Net+ certified and that combined with my experience could land me any entry level job starting at $10-$13 where I'm at (SoCal).

I'm actually working toward a Computer Science Major now, which I think will help me out a lot more.

Majid

Don't expect qualifications to be your golden ticket. At the end of the day you can study the A+ in a day if you sit down and read through a book and the Network+ in a couple of days (by the way don't ever bother going on a course for anything below the Cisco qualification it just isn't necessary - you can get just about everything you need off of ebay) and the fact that they are so accesible makes not very highly regarded but they can at least give you the edge over someone who doesn't have anything. It depends what you want to do. MCDST will hold a bit of weight if you want to get into a call center of something like that but to be really taken seriously you will need at least an MCSE or a Cisco Cert. If you want a high paying job work towards a more niche market like Security or Linux (check out CertCities hottest qualifications rundown at http://www.certcities.com/editorial/...ditorialsID=95).

However, and I don't know for exactly what the situation is in the US, but here in the UK it is difficult to get your foot in the door without a degree. Alot of hiring staff are still ignorant of qualifications other than a degree and see them as just a bunch of letters.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Majid View Post
    Hello,

Hello Majid,

CCNA is definitely worth taking and, as you know, Comptia is a pre-perquisite for CCNA. Actually, it depends on your experience both academic and work related. If your question, where CCNA is concerned, is implying the payoff after accreditation, as a CCNA certified professional you could be earning minimum wage of £35,000 double check on this though, donít quote me. In addition, CCNA is a highly recognised IT and networking qualification, I guarantee almost any job relating to networking will ask you about CCNA or something equivalent. I myself recently done CCNA training with Firebrand Training, I donít know if youíve heard of them, but they are really good and, as far as Iím concerned, the best. I got certified in 5 days. Iím also thinking of going for a MCSE course in the near future, if my memory serves correctly, they also do this in 14 days or something like. The amount I paid was not cheap but was worth penny, especially knowing that I failed my first attempt at the course then I was allowed to train again for free.

If I was you I would do the free practise exam first then see where I stand with the results.

I hope this is of assistance to you, let me know if you are still unclear, this is the type of forum to discuss all your queries.

Thread Information