Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 3com gateway

Default 3com gateway

I have a 3com gateway(3c857) and i wanted to access my ftp server from the internet but for some reason i can't, i can access the ftp server from the lan and i have configurated the gateway virtual server to redirect any request to connect to port 21 to the ftp server.
    Does any one have any idea of what i am doing wrong?

Default Re: 3com gateway

What method are you using to access the FTP server? Do you have a domain name, or are you just using your IP address?

I just use my ip dress, let's say that 110.35.1.67 is my wan ip i would just type that ip dress in explorer like this: ftp:\\110.35.1.67

Try putting this into the address bar:
    Code:
    110.35.1.67:21

That didn't work but i finally found the problem, i dunno why but the ftp server didn't see the gateway with dynamically mode on(didn't got the ip address of the gateway) so i tried it with static mode (you give the ip dress of the server with sub net mask , gateway , and dns server if needed) and it worked :)
    Thx for the help :D

Exclamation Re: 3com gateway

Cheers...

Im a total noob when it comes to these things,and you see...I seem to have the exact same problem!! I have for the past 3 week been trying to setup an ftp server at home with no luck. The bloody ftp thingy works with out the router(3c857).....but the second I plugg it in...well you get the idea.

I have pretty much done everything I could think of, opening ports, forwading ports, banging my head against ports...and every other thing you might imagine. I even updated the freaking firmware.

So can somebody out there please help me makes this god forsaken thing work...????????

Please kind folk, lend me your great wisdom so that this poor suffering network noob can finaly join the ftp community...

cheers
    DeBoX

Thread Information