Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I Have A Problem With My Adsl2+ Wireless Modem Router Model Smc 7904wbra

Default I Have A Problem With My Adsl2+ Wireless Modem Router Model Smc 7904wbra

I have purchased this modem router model no SMC 7904 wbra a few days back. The manual which came along with the product says I have to configure the modem online by going to site htt://192.168.2.1 Mostly I am unable to get to this site. On rare occassions when I can, the page is not acitive, the links are all dead, they dont work. What do I do to get my modem up and working.

Raynold

Default Re: I Have A Problem With My Adsl2+ Wireless Modem Router Model Smc 7904wbra

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but i believe the URL that you mention (htt://192.168.2.1) is not a website at all but, rather, the router itself. I noticed that you neglected to put a "p" in "http" ... if you do that when attempting to access the router then you will have little success.

Are you using a software firewall? If so then disable it or reconfigure to allow the above address.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: I Have A Problem With My Adsl2+ Wireless Modem Router Model Smc 7904wbra

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. Actually I keyed in the address as "http". The 'p' was just ommitted when I wrote in this forum. I have also tried logging in after putting off fire walls, anti-virus soft ware. I had been to SMC web site and looked at FAQs. As suggested therein in I have also tried through a different web browser (Opera) and also a different computer. The web site just does not come on, and therefore the configuration through web interface is just not possible. Actually this wireless modem cum router is an expensive, and it is just lying idle. Infact my ISP technician came home to try and configure, but he too was not successful. I can't understand why big companies like SMC can't make things simpler, like a cd to install it.

Raynold

Quote Originally Posted by RAYNOLD View Post
    Thank you for your reply and suggestion. Actually I keyed in the address as "http". The 'p' was just ommitted when I wrote in this forum. I have also tried logging in after putting off fire walls, anti-virus soft ware. I had been to SMC web site and looked at FAQs. As suggested therein in I have also tried through a different web browser (Opera) and also a different computer. The web site just does not come on, and therefore the configuration through web interface is just not possible. Actually this wireless modem cum router is an expensive, and it is just lying idle. Infact my ISP technician came home to try and configure, but he too was not successful. I can't understand why big companies like SMC can't make things simpler, like a cd to install it.

Raynold
    Do you have norton internet security, once i had a router that had to be configured just like yours, and in order to see the links and buttons i had to turn everything off firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, specialy the feature that removed advertisements from the web pages.
    Pentium D 830 - ASUS P5WD2 Premium -2x512MB Corsair XMS2 PC5300 -GeForce 6800GT 256 - Audigy 2 ZS 160GB Seagate HD with NCQ - Windows XP Professional 32bit -700W PSU - LG GSA 4163B DVD-RW DL

go to start run, type in "cmd" and hit enter

then type ipconfig /all and tell us what your ip address is

Thread Information