Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

Question SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

Cheers.

Well to make a long story short, I have a SMC BR24Q router and not long ago I decided to buy a Linksys NSLU2 network Storage system. Now the problem is that for some reason the router doesn't seem to want to communicate with the Linksys Hub. It doesn't even want to try to recognize it ?!?!

Now I have tested the NSLU on an older 3com router where it performed flawlessly!

Can someone enlighten little old me on what to do next?? (BTW I have updated the firmware on everything I could find!)

While we are on the subject , ever since I started using the SMC router, my bandwidth seems to take a performance hit?? I have a 3 mbit line , but on average I only get 2,5-2,7 mbits ??? Now when I bypass the router or try the old 3com one then everything is as it should be...so anyone got a nice little solution to my bandwidth riddle???

Cheers and a thousand thanks in advance!!

DeBox

Default Re: SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

Is the NSLU2 taking up the extra bandwidth?
    Mobo...............Asus P5N-SLI (NF570)
    RAM................2 GB Kingston DDR2/667 CL5
    GPU................Evga e-GeForce 7900GTO 512MB
    CPU................Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2MB L2
    HDD................Hitachi 160 GB IDE
    Disk Drive.........Sony DVD+-RW 16x IDE
    PSU................BFG 650W (on sale for 80$, 80$off!!)
    OS..................Windows XP Home SP2
    Sound card......Sound Blaster x-FI xtreme music
    Overclocked somewhat w/Arctic cooler freezer 7 pro
    other info: saitek eclipse red backlit keyboard
    cheap micro innovations wireless optical mouse
    logitech x-530 speakers (5.1)
    18" viewable KDS CRT monitor (I'll upgrade when it dies)
    about 8 80MM fans and I sleeved most of the cables
    It would be quiet but I have 1 noisy Vantek that blows like a turbine. A crappy generic case which with cammo paint and holes all over.

Smile Re: SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

Nope.....I know this since I've tried connecting only a single PC to the smc router, with pretty much the same result!

Default Re: SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

Without having worked with that particular, I can't say there's anything specific that should change that. You could try resetting factory defaults to see if any of the connection settings had been changed (e.g. MTU) or try some different settings yourself.

I also haven't worked with that particular NAS system, but it may have some different requirements regarding DHCP, firewalls, etc.

Exclamation Re: SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

That is possible ( about the NAS requiering a spesific DHCP setup ,etc), but doubtfull that it would work on an old 3com but not a brand new smc ( well reasonably new ;) )

Either way....I have resett the bloody thing 3-4 times now...still no ball :(
    I've tried playing around with the settings without getting far...... made things worse in some cases ( that's the reason for several resetting attempts)

DeBoX

PS

HELP!

Thread Information