Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow internet with p2p

Question Slow internet with p2p

Wow, is this the first post in this section?

I have a Linksys WRT54G V4 router with firmware 4.20.6.

When i am using utorrent sometimes my internet slows to a crawl. Simply rebooting the router fixes this. I've read that there is third party firmware out there that cures this hiccup. However, i don't know if i want to risk bricking my router. Does anyone know of another fix? I was also looking at maybe replacing the router with the

Linksys WRT350N or
    D-Link DGL-4300

Does anyone who has these routers have opinions? Thanks.

P.S. If i left anything out please let me know.

Default Re: Slow internet with p2p

I have a dlink 604 and have the same problem. My friend also has his internet slow to a crawl when he uses Utorrent (i dont know what router he has). I dont know of anyway to fix this. Sorry

I don't think its the problem with Utorrent.

4. Default Re: Slow internet with p2p

Well, I don't think there is a problem with the routers or uTorrent. It is just that your internet connection is bogged down with constant transfers. I just got a Zyxel X-550 router and it gets bogged down a little during transfers. I have wired cable modem to another computer that bogs down really easily during heavy transfers. There's my two cents.

if you limit the upload speed on utorrent, you might find it'll go away

about 15k is what I use for my 1.5m/256k connection

i think the problem is with the torrent sites, some times due to heavy traffic , ,may lead to crash. check ur internet speed regulary, when browsing other sites, and before and after resetting the modems

I think Kheldar said it best, utorrent upon install has upload and download set at a value of 0 which is unlimited.

Go to your preferences and check to make sure that's not on 0 still cause if you have that to unlimited browsing becomes near impossible depending on your line.

I still don't see any browsing slowdown when I had it at 0 accidentally a few days but then I have a 30Mb down and 15Mb up line so... that is most likely why I have no issues lol.

**EDIT**

I was referring to the upload limit, not downstream, keep that @ 0, it doesn't mean it WILL take all the bandwidth you have just it's the best way to set it to move fast. Keep in mind, with the net, the slowest system on the bus is how fast you will go/receive data, but @ 0 it means you'll take all that is allowed all the time.
    Last edited by DeathViperX; 11-21-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent > uncheck bandwidth management, check incoming legacy connections

Hope that helps. You will see results after 1 - 2 minutes

kismeras,

uTorrent sets your default configuration to unlimited. If you look at the bottom of the window you will see an exclamation or a green check mark, and if it is click it brings up and auto-configure utility. You can select your location and it will set everything to what it should actually be (much lower than your maximum). Lowering the speeds, maximum connections and other settings increases your download performance. You should also read the utorrent guide on settings for your internet.

Silekonn

Simply rebooting the router fixes this. I've read that there is third party firmware out there that cures this hiccup. However, i don't know if i want to risk bricking my router. Does anyone know of another fix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information