Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: TWINGE ATTACK Detect

Default TWINGE ATTACK Detect

Hi, ive just up dated my firmware on my D-Link DI-624 to 2.76 Wireless Router.
    I Currenly have 3pc connected wirelessly, mine, my dads and my brother's.
    Mine and my dads pcs connect fine with no problems but its my brothers thats the problem. His pc sits on waiting for an Ip Address. And just by luck i looked at the log on the router and shows this...
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=522 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Jan/28/2007 23:12:07
    Jan/28/2007 23:12:07
    </TD><TD>Authenticating......
    TWING ATTACK Detected
    </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>**-15-e9-**-08-**
    Packet Dropped
    </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Jan/28/2007 23:12:07 </TD><TD>Wireless PC connected</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>**-15-e9-**-08-**
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    The log Shows his mac address but with this twing attack in the middle.
    I dont know what is is or measns.

Edit: Its now gotten worse the twing attacks are occuring every few sceonds

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=522 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:10:12 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:09:29 </TD><TD>Drop TCP packet from WAN</TD><TD>220.132.168.222:1251</TD><TD>220.238.122.135:2968</TD><TD>Rule: Default deny </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:09:28 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:09:25 </TD><TD>Drop TCP packet from WAN</TD><TD>220.132.168.222:1251</TD><TD>220.238.122.135:2968</TD><TD>Rule: Default deny </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:08:45 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:08:01 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:07:18 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:06:34 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:05:51 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Apr/01/2002 16:05:08 </TD><TD>TWINGE ATTACK Detect</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Packet Dropped</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dont worry about the dates, i had to reboot the router..

The ip addresses that are comming up in the log are very similar to what Optus use (Australia)

and ive disabled my brothers wireless connecting and the twing attacks are still occuring can anyone help please

Exclamation Re: TWINGE ATTACK Detect

Ive been using some IP sniffer programes to locate the B"$ch that is hacking my network. He is very good at what he is doing, he has been jumping from New York to England And some places i didnt know exsisted.
    I also used tracert in the cmd box, he jumps about 30 times. Is there a way to block him. Although he changes ip address every 10-20mins.

Help Pleaseeeeee he wont go away

Default Re: TWINGE ATTACK Detect

Do a google search with "twinge attack" as the keywords. From a few minutes of research it looks as though there may be several possible causes. Have a look here http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=427094 for information that may assist in eventually getting free from a true attack. From what I gather it is likely that if you are under a true Twinge attack then the reason it is comming from different addresses is because it is using muliple bot computers. Tracking them down would do no good.

Other possible causes that I found seem to include the possibilty of the router misinterpreting the use of Torrent programs as Twinge attacks. One scenario also claimed that Avast antivirus program may trigger such messages. Best of luck in your research.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I was thinking that it might be my anit virus (Avast) but it works fine and auto updates still. and no other programmes have any problems connecting to the internet.
    And i have no P2P software on my pc.
    But for now im ok the routers firewall seem to be keeping the attacker at bay, and it hasnt slowed down my internet connection.

But i dont think its any programme on my pc because the router is bocking an outside WAN IP address.

Unhappy Re: TWINGE ATTACK Detect

I'm having the exact same issues with my DI-624 router... It seems that when I try to connect my XBOX with the wireless connection, it sees it as a twinge attack (i watch the xbox troubleshooter, and it seems to show up whenever it gets to the DNS configuration)...

Also, I noticed that I can't set my system time, and have it stay current (always goes back to the 2002 date)??? I found this a bit odd too.

If this helps.

PS this only started happening when I updated to the newest firmware???
    Last edited by pusherd; 02-26-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Smile Re: TWINGE ATTACK Detect

UPDATE!!!

I "downdated" the firmware to the 2.75 version, and it seems that the issues I was having before, are now gone... I'll post again in a couple days to be sure.

pusherD

Quote Originally Posted by pusherd View Post
    UPDATE!!!

I "downdated" the firmware to the 2.75 version, and it seems that the issues I was having before, are now gone... I'll post again in a couple days to be sure.

pusherD
    Yeah i think its just a firmwear problem, it hasnt caused any problems so ive just left it

Thread Information