Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: bt 2wire buisness hub working with tiscali

Default bt 2wire buisness hub working with tiscali

my bro just gave me a bt 2wire wireless hub as he had it cum with his internet brand new in the box and i dont know how to set it up so can sum1 help me out also i have found a few sites that explain how to do it but i dnt understand

also ive never used bluetooth b4 and was wonderin what bluetooth adapters would i need to get this to work

Default Re: bt 2wire buisness hub working with tiscali

never heard of bt 2wire hub - do you have any details, instructions or anything - you may have to rtfm (read the F****** Manual).

what are those sites - i can probably translate there tech speak into something you can understand.

bluetooth adapters tend to work imho in proportion to how much money/good the manufacturer is - don't get the cheapest. basically you plug the usb bluetooth dongle in, install the software and you should be able to link in any bluetooth device, in theory bluetooth 1 does about 10 m and bluetooth 2 does 100 m (bullsh*t but is a lot further & faster & works better than 1).

some devices such as gps show up as serial devices, others connect in different ways & you can share your internet to a bt phone for example.

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm

i hope this 1 helps cos i dont understand it

ahhh - it all makes sense now.

essentially the hub has been locked down so it only works with BT business (who ever that is).

To get around this, there are 2 methods described.

method 1 - reflashing the bios/firmware on your router to an unlocked version.

method 2 - Stopping the router talking to BT buisiness by fooling the modem into trying to talk to a server that doesn't exist instead of the real one.

method 1 only works if you got the right firmware on your router - so that the first step - what version firmware does it have?

hi im not sure what model it is but the sreial no. is

rg2700hgv-00
    hope this helps

Thread Information