Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Laptop connection

Default Laptop connection

Hello: I have a Compaq V2000 notebook and a D-link rangebooster WNA-2330 adapter; I connect to a D-Link wireless router, a WBR-2310.
    I had little problem with either--once and a while I'd have to unplug the router power, and/or the cable modem, to reset the devices.
    Now, I'm having an odd problem: the first time the laptop connects to the wireless network, it reports an excellent connection at 108 Mbps, but fails to make an internet connection. I have to disable the adapter and enable it manually. Then it connects just fine to the internet. The only change I have made lately is a firmware update to the router; but I don't remember if this problem began after that--I don't think so.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Shawnee.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Laptop connection

Do you have the latest Driver installed, or did you update it recently? If so, then maybe you should reinstall the older firmware and or drivers. I have had to do similar for various routers, same applies with drivers. Newest is not always best

Thread Information