Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me please :(

Do a search for Google for Internet Connection Sharing. It comes with Windows 98, and is so easy to set up. Basically, it's so easy I was able to help someone configure it over the phone without having worked with it before.

Actually, here's the exact page I used while I was on that call:
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/ics-install.html

Actually no it doesn't come with 98 as it wasn't brought in till 98SE. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You're right, I just spaced it.

no, actually I'm not using any kind of program for sharing connections... and I tried to search for it in google but all the text seemed to be very difficult no understand or not very clear...

Thank you guys :thumb:

Keep helping me pleazeeee

"Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is part of Windows 98 Second Edition (or Windows 2000), so you'll need either one of these operating systems to be able to install ICS. For more information about obtaining Windows 98 SE, see this document."

from http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/ics-install.html

I'm getting sad! :cry:

Well these two are recommended by those who don't use Microsoft's ICS software that's been available with all their operating systems since 98SE and they are WinGate and WinProxy. A lot of people also use these even when they have ICS available to them but I've used ICS since I've been involved with computers and the internet so I couldn't really comment on them personally as to which is best or if there are any others. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Actually I tried Wingate and I thought was a little difficult since I"m brasillian and my english is not so good...
    I'll try WinProxy once...
    Thanx dude...

See ya all

keep ehlping me :cry: :wave:

Yeah, exactly like Wiggo said. Once you've got one of those working, you're all set.

Sure thing... but the most difficult is set that stuff... suggestion are welcome :)

Actually, I would use WinGate. Here's a good walkthrough for installing and configuring it. http://www.deerfield.com/support/Win...dex.htm?a=1355

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information