Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can't share a partition

Having a problem with two puters networked. They can communicate with each other fine. I did the pings and such and it all works. I can copy stuff from one puter to the other, but on the one the I recently reinstalled Win98SE, I can't set a partition/folder to be shared. I go to my computer and right click on the partition that I want to share, but the sharing option doesn't come up. I made sure that I had the sharing box checked in the network options, but I don't know what else to try. I am hoping it is something simple that I forgot to do.

Thx
    JM :afro:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Did you restart after enabling file/print sharing in properties under Network Neighborhood as that should be all that's needed as that should give you the right click sharing option. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yup. I restarted several times with no luck. I am hoping I don't have to reinstall the OS again. :scream:

JM

Sorry JM but if it isn't workin' that way then something may have gone wrong with the install as I've never not been able to do that. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I just used a little Elf Magic and it works now. :thumb:
    Actually, all I did was uncheck the sharing box, restart, recheck the sharing box, restart again and Voila! I could have sworn I already tried that, but who knows. At least now it works.:wave:

JM

thx Wiggo

Thread Information