Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Access Some Websites

Yes there is and when one of the XP PC's here are free I'll have a look for it but in Win9x it can also be found under tools in System Info. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

There has to be somethin' -- man I would be way aggravated by now with this problem, Corduroy has the patience of a saint.

FYI; I was born in the same town as HAL 9000 -- small world ain't it?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Now here's a lovely bunch of coconuts

If that doesn't help, is there any possibility you at 1 time had ZoneAlarm and uninstalled it perhaps? Is this an upgrade installation from Windows ME? if so. http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q313067

There's a proggy called InternetBoost99 or something like that that has been known to cause problems too.
    OK, I'm reaching here -- but I want to help honest!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I have XP installed on a clean HD, no upgrades. The only programs I have installed that involve the internet at all are Norton 2001 and Download Accelerator, but neither should block certain IPs from loading in IE arbitrarily.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Take off Download Accelerator plz. All those things do is cache the pages so it appears faster, and it can be messing you up. I've seen it way too many times.

Also try another browser, download Netscape if you have to. Just to determine if it's something with IE or something else.

Later

It was my understanding that Download Accelerator downloaded from mulitiples mirrors in order to increase the speed of a DL. It appears to do that whenever I use it.

I have had Download Accelerator on other XP boxes as well and it hasn't caused this problem, but I will uninstall it and see what happens.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">

what are you using to share the internet?
    I can, however, access these sites on the computer that is directly
    that spews to me that its your sharing software which i assume is in crappy built-in sharing :)

i would guess that you have firewalling turned on and maybe that is causing it?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

skullshot,

I am using the sharing that is built in to windows XP, I don't have any of the firewall option in XP turned on. Their is another computer on the network that does not have this problem which is also running XP.

If this is a glitch in XP, I think it's a pretty big one that Microsoft would have patched already.

Quote Originally Posted by FA-MAS
    Take off Download Accelerator plz. All those things do is cache the pages so it appears faster, and it can be messing you up. I've seen it way too many times.

Also try another browser, download Netscape if you have to. Just to determine if it's something with IE or something else.

Later
    I have DAP and it's not stopping me from getting into any sites. I know I'm on a different OS Corduroy, but I just thought I let you know anyway.:?:
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

I uninstalled DAP and it did nothing to fix this problem. I'm pretty sure it has to be something wrong with the internet sharing on this box or something screwy with IE. I ran the Net Diagnostics tool in the System Info screen like suggested, but I got all positive results.

If anyone can pull something out of anywhere as to why this isnt' working it would save me having to the opposite end of the building to use 4 websites. (I have now discovered I cannot use Directron.com on my box)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information