Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New home network!!

Actually, the most trouble free cards I've ever used are the Acer ALN-201's (Realtek 8029 chipset). They are very reliable, and I have NEVER had any problems running under Win95/98/ME/2000/XP and Linux.

Funny - different people, different experiences I suppose LOL
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

all i buy are the realtek chipset cards (linksys is my fav) they have performed very very well for me, except when i think i put the linksys in my machine, (but actually put the SMC card in) and cant get the damn linksys drivers to take?? hahaha!! :geek:
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

I have finally settled in my network - both computers running XP using inbuilt PPOE and ICS.

Sweet.

Only potential problem is no full funtionality for ICQ I think. Anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to ICS on XP??

Or else I am simply waiting for Winroute to support XP since it has built in ICQ support apparently.

winroute.. n it should work on anytrhign but dont look at me if it doesnt.. or just use ics as a gateway not a proxy server..
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Quote Originally Posted by jcman
    Winroute to support XP since it has built in ICQ support apparently.
    i use winroute pro on winxp to admin the connection sharing on a win98 machine and i didn't and don't have any probs with getting it to work with winxp

andy, winroute never worked on XP till Build 30 came out (thats the latest atm)....so yeah, anything before Build 30 didn't support XP & gave me a BSOD whenver i hit windows too :(
    At the request of wiggo ;)

oh, ok :o :toung:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information