Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: New home network!!




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hi all,

    Getting a new system on Saturday - I want to network with my existing system with cross-over cable and 2 x 10/100 network cards.

    For sharing internet and playing CS over internet.

    Can anyone recommend a good brand - I am thinking Netgear, Dlink, SMC but don't really know which is the best to go for.

    Recommendations appreciated!
    :?: :confused:

  2. #2

    Default

    i highly reccomend the Intel PRO/100 NIC...ive recently bought one and it rocks!!! :D :thumb:
    At the request of wiggo ;)

  3. #3

    Default

    pro100 is good yes, and if u get two the pro100/100+ software you can get supports trunking/load balancing between NICs and more...
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

  4. #4

    Default

    the PRO 100 rox j00...but, theres also the SMC cards, 3com, and netgear are good. hell if you want reliable, simple networking, u could even just get a pair of tulips, anything as long as its not a realtek-based card
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

  5. #5

    Default

    agreed with sks on the realteks - big no unless you have no money or the systems you are putting them in mean **** to you (or your parents are gonna buy the nic to replace the dead one in ur netserver yet wont pay 64 for an intel (dont ask)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    8

    Default

    :)
    Thanks people,

    I think I will get a pair of Netgear FA311TX cards, unless anyone ha heard bas things about these...

    Can't wait - my first network..!!:D

  7. #7

    Default

    come to MorBius and give them a real try out ;) (SEE BELOW)
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SileNceR
    agreed with sks on the realteks - big no unless you have no money or the systems you are putting them in mean **** to you (or your parents are gonna buy the nic to replace the dead one in ur netserver yet wont pay 64 for an intel (dont ask)

    rofl, i take that as ur gettin a realtek nic for your netserver...hahaah
    At the request of wiggo ;)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    I've been runnin' a couple of Realteks here for a couple of years now with no probs at all which I can't say for one particular Intel one that won't work with XP. :?:
    <center></center>

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper



    rofl, i take that as ur gettin a realtek nic for your netserver...hahaah
    correction - already have - got it with my gf3



    "I've been runnin' a couple of Realteks here for a couple of years now with no probs at all"

    i had an 8139 crap(ping) out on me and its in my bros box, at morbius it was causing 99% of the errors on the switch and the other 1% was a 10mbit card at half duplex getting flooded...

    and then the 8019 in the netserver sucked so i put an 8029 in and its ****ed (random reboots n freezes) so now its got an 8139c...
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •