Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ohhhhhhhhhh crap

Guys big problem!!!!!!!! I think someone can control my computer!!!!!!! About two minutes ago I was online and I.E. bogged down big time. Than when I was typing a post someone started writing words and before they could get any farther I pulled out my either net cord on my laptop. Now I use a cable modem running through a netgear rt314 which is supposed to act as a firewall. What should I be looking for program wise in xp to try to get rid of these people, because itís freaking me out. I didnít notice any unusual programs in the control panel add remove section. I do not have this problem with the desktop that is plugged into this router/switch. Thanks. :(

Beefy Guest

Firstly, make sure it's no one locally playing a joke on you.
    Secondly, what were they typing? :)
    Thirdly, with your router have you got any sort of port forwarding set up?
    Fourthly, what it actually sounds like is a trojan. There's a couple free trojan scanners out and about that can scan your system for you.

<a href="http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/download.php" target="_blank">The Cleaner</a> is a good utility to use for checking for trojans...

Let us know how you go

Fithly, get, install, use, and thoroughly understand a good firewall.

Run it always.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Beefy Guest

actually zeradul, he's got a good start already by using the Netgear router that he has. With basic NAT functionality, he can stop a lot of stuff getting through. And with port forwarding, he can easily block ports that he needs to.

Assuming it is all set up, of course. :)

I guess I missed the rt in his netgear model. Doh. Yes, a router is good, but until you figure out whats going on, a firewall can tell you alot.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Back Orifice maybe? Some information here:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...ckorifice.html

Beefy Guest

I was thinking that.... unless Netbus is still doing the rounds... guess we'll have to wait and see

News update. Scanned with "The cleaner" and nothing. Did another norton anti-virus scan and still nothing. Now i'm really stuck on how to identify this? And I know it's not local because I know my parents or brother have no idea on how to do something like this because they can barley surf the internet as it is.

Also, I have not set up port forwarding with my router. I couldn't find any easy to understand netgear instructions on how to do that. And for those of you tat were wondering, I was trying to make a post here when someone started typing something like: "EOE and is tough a" some jibber jabish for all i can tell. I pulled the cord before that had a chance to do anything.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont happen to have a wireless keyboard?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Nope no wireless keyboard. It's a laptop so i'm using the built in keyboard rather than an external one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information