Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: forwarded ports... still not open!!

Default forwarded ports... still not open!!

I'm not sure what to do here. Recently I moved in with someone and I have connected my computer up to their network. I've taken all the steps to forward a port within the router settings, but it seems like they are still reported to me as closed. My main reason is so I can host games online. I don't know what else to do here, I've tried everything I know of. Maybe I am just missing something very simple?

I am on Windows 7, using a Linksys WRT54G router, a Motorola modem (can't seem to find a model number), and USB to ethernet adapter since it seems that the one on my motherboard isn't working. I've forwarded the ports to my IP address under the router settings and allowed Windows Firewall exceptions and the port (6112) to be accessed UDP and TDP. What else do I need to do here?

Default Re: forwarded ports... still not open!!

I can see you are trying to play warcraft 3 on battle net?

Yes ur first step is right, u also need to config the settings in the motorola modem aswell.

So open ports 6112-6119 in both routers and see if it helps, NOT only port 6112
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Default Re: forwarded ports... still not open!!

I don't know how to get into my modem. Just the router.

Thread Information