Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and teaming?

NGL_BrSH is offline Member

Default Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and teaming?

I was reading a little bit about this teaming feature that my board has.. I can't figure for the life of me what I actually need on my switch or router to support it. some protocol number or feature. Load balancing maybe not sure.

I have a d-link DI-624M and a DES-1108 i'd like to try the teaming out since i stream video a lot to other devices and if there is even a slight improvement with teaming for that it would be great.

Can anyone help me figure out if I can take advantage of these that would be extremely helpful.

thanks!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and teaming?

Search Teaming in the gigabyte section you will find a few threads with full explantion of what this is and how it works.

Sorry, I am a bit busy right now or I would link you. If you can't find them let me know and I will get the links for you later on.

Quick info:

You need two incoming Lines (meaning connections or ISP's, not just two cables from the same source)

This is mainly used for Intranet networking, WIKI has a page on it as well you can find in Google

Thread Information