Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I tell how much I've D/L?

Thanks for all the replies guys....

Unfortunatly I exceeded the D/L in the first week....

Now I'm paying 12c/Mb.....

Lucky I still have internet a work... :afro:
    XP 2000+
    GA-7VRXP
    512Mb DDR Kingston Value
    60Gb WD
    Triplex 128Mb Geforce 4
    Lite on CDRW

wow. That truly sucks. I couldn't even imagine getting a cap on how much I'm aloud to download. You know what? That kind of thing you expect from a free service. Only allowing a very limited amount of bandwidth. And upon reaching that bandwidth you get the page saying you reached the bandwidth. But your paying alot of money for your internet service and yoru only aloud to download 2 gig? I mean think about how much megs worth of webpages you go to. Or email. Or instant messaging cause that is downloading too. Or quite simplyyou can't even download 3 movies without going "past your bandwidth"

Beefy Guest

Pretty much everything is capped now in Australia. I'm paying $110 / month (approx $55 US) for an ADSL 512/128 connection, with a 10GB cap. Which isn't exactly cheap... but it's the best I can do.

Well on Optus I pay $63.95aus p/m ($31us) for cable w/ a 3GB limit but once you hit that they just cut ya back to a slow dailup rate till the end on the month but don't charge for the extra download amount. I have yet to hit the slow down point yet though. My members account has a monitor too. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wow, I am in Minnesota, and I pay $24 US for a 2Mbit cable modem, with unilmited downloads. I couldnt imagine only dl'ing 2 or 3 gigs a month.
    "Ahhhhhh, Mingus Dew" - Capt. Murphy

Yes ya's over there don't have to contend with the Hell$tra backbone charge rate who's moto is "billions of $'s worth of profit isn't enough each year, let's squeeze more out of them". They basically dictate all ISP companies terms here as I've only had to put up with the d/l cap for 3 months now. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

That is quite lousy. :thumbs do
    "Ahhhhhh, Mingus Dew" - Capt. Murphy

Wow,
    I guess I would owe the national debt at the end of the month.

I know internet service is different depending on where you live. In Europe it's the telco's that make a ton of money. Guess in Austrailia it's the bandwidth issue.

That would really take some getting used to...watching my downloading....bet it limits your on line gaming time too heh?

Beefy Guest

it does. a friend and I went through just under 1gb on the weekend along gaming... only got 8 1/2 left for the rest of the month now

Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    Wow, I am in Minnesota, and I pay US for a 2Mbit cable modem, with unilmited downloads. I couldnt imagine only dl'ing 2 or 3 gigs a month.
    Thats beautiful mingus, what company?
    I only have DSL, but i've already donwloaded atleast a gig today, and ive only been on for 3 or 4 hours altogether, and that doesnt include my sisters, who love their P2P free music.

I just love american antitrust laws and how it helps the consumer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information