Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Network Problem

I had the same problem...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Your attatchment downloads as a 1 byte file. If you use the "print screen" key, open "Paint". Select "edit", click on "paste". Click on the little dotted-line rectangle box at the top of the tools toolbar on the left. Place your cursor at the corner of of the error message box on your screen capture, hold down the right mouse key, and move the mouse through both axis to form a dottted-line box around the error message. Go to "edit", and click "cut" (this will make for a smaller finished file size than a pic of your whole screen). Go to "file" and select "new" (you will be prompted to save the current image, click "no"). Go to "edit", select "paste". Now go to "file" and select "save as". In the box that pops up, save it to where you can find it easily, name it something recognisable, and save it in the .jpg format.

When you post and attach a file, browse to that file (you will need to select the "all files" type to be displayed in the browse window).

here it is again

Nope, not here again.

I will try again had to install paint

Hooray for the pick! Were you clicking a checkbox when this error message appeared (and which one)?

How could you not have such a versatile program as Paint not loaded by default? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If i check the client for MS and file and print sharing. If I check none or the bottom 2 it is ok but I am unable to connect.

Wiggo, i thought it was loaded by default, so I guess i never required it til now.

I am at loss to explain the error message. I gather from your original post that this occurs on both machines. I would guess that the same network setup error exists on both machines. Have you run the network setup wizard on both machines or are trying to manually do the setup? Do the nics appear to be working in device manager with no i/o conflicts? I know I'm shooting in all directions here, but I've set up several small networks (home and business) and just haven't seen this one before.

It looks like you don't have a protocol selected. Make sure TCP/IP is checked. Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing both need a protocol to be bound to them. Plus, without TCP/IP, your network won't work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information