Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lan problem

Beefy Guest

Hmm.. interesting. Your subnet mask is slightly different from normal, but I guess that's what the DHCP is giving you.

So those settings are what you are set at when everything is working?

Actually that subnet's not a problem. It's an actual subnetted address. Depending on how many networks, locations, and other factors, you can create your own subnet masks through a practice called subnetting.

I havn't the time to look at this issue now, but I'll be back this afternoon. But what cable modem do you have?

cable modem motorola sb4200.

nic 3com etherlink server 10/100 pci 3c9800c-txm

Those crazy addresses r from ipv6.

Well, today i ainīt get a connection to my isp, even when i manually put my ip address, gateway, submask, dns!!!! My browser didnīt find my isp server and the page was always blank!!!!

I was forced to uninstall my nic drivers and reboot. Whem winxp star recognize the nic and install the drivers. Iīm connected automatically to my isp now, but the connection is a litter slower and my winxp now is also slow after logon.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FA-MAS
    Depending on how many networks, locations, and other factors, you can create your own subnet masks through a practice called subnetting.
    :) I know how to subnet, and even how to supernet. I just hadn't seen an ISP use a subnet mask like that before. And like I said then, it probably was right, it just looked strange to me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    :) I know how to subnet, and even how to supernet. I just hadn't seen an ISP use a subnet mask like that before. And like I said then, it probably was right, it just looked strange to me. :)
    Heh, sorry.:D I hadn't seen an ISP use a custom subnet either, untill I started working for one. So, krshna. Are you saying you re-installed the NIC drivers and it's fine now? That was the first thing I was gonna have you do.

Now is fine. Tomorrow i will see if it connects automatically, i donīt want to be mad today with this....
    :flames:

I just installed mozilla and is the first time... iīm very surprised with this browser, is damnnnnn goooooddd and faster, more than my ie6.:bounce: :bounce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information