Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP me identify this cable? please

I have a weird cable here which i need to obtain another of for my job. My supervisors all say the cable was in place before they started with the company.

On one end its a DB25/F connector on the other it has this weird connector which I just took a pic of.

the funny looking end plugs into a patch panel which we use to monitor multiple 56K circuits.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

here is a pic of the patch panel it plugs into if that'll help.

arg blurry
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

I'm not sure due to the quality of the pics but it maybe an extermal IDE connection (rare). :?:
    <center> </center>

its for monitoring 56K point to point connections so its definately a serial cable.

sorry about the quality of the picture the light in the Data Center here sucks.. either there's too much or not enough.

i think u just took the picture from too close...

anyways, i agree its definately a serial cable, but i have had a look round a couple of the cabling sites i had listed from way back and the few that still exist, weren't showing me too much...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

The connector is called a Patchmate connector. I found this out after removing a serial card from the patch panel and noticing that the card said it was made by ADC/Kentronix instead of AMP who made the patchpanel but not the cards. go figure :rolleyes:

Funny thing is no one who sells this stuff has a decent picture of this connector anywhere. Even ADC's site only has good pics of the panel not the damn connector..:mad:

Thread Information