Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Internet Gateway Icon??

I have strange question. I currently have xp pro connected to a linksys router, then out thru a cable modem. In the past week when I go to Network Connctions my Internet gateway Icon is not there. There has always been the Local Area Connection and a Internet Gateway Icon. I can still connect to the internet and everthing is working as usual. Just wondering if anyone knows where the Icon went????? I have looked in the Help Center, Microsoft webpage and did a search on this board to no avail.

Thanks

How it diseppeared by itself I don't know for sure. But you don't need it as the router is a gateway itself.

I'm running xp pro and a Belkin router with dsl and I have never seen an Internet Gateway icon on my machine. Is this related to "internet connection sharing", or specific to cable modems?

I figured I didn't need it, because everything is working fine. Ever since I loaded XP on this machine that Icon has been there. Now its gone. I understand that the router is the gateway. I'm just really puzzled why it was there for so long and now its gone.

Thanks for the replies!!

right click on properties for the connection you want to see an icon for, and there should be a "view tray icon for this connection" type box for you too click.

my problem is getting the icon to go away for a dialup connection that isnt dialed-up-to at the moment, even when the box is unticked...

Thread Information