Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Tipping

A person comes to your home or place of business. Installs your internet connection. Should you give them a tip like you would a person in a bar or restaurant ?

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/021009/1520000641_1.html
    <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>
    <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Sorry but I can't comment as "tipping" here usually only happens with good lookin' barmaids and that's it. It's really an American thing. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I don't think tipping is just an American thing. For most waiters/waitresses it's the only way for them to make a true living considering the wage rate they're on. In most restaurants it is the done thing.

TIP is actually an acronym standing for To Insure Promptness. In beggining you would "TIP" the waiter before getting your meal or drink, not after.
    Actually I still do this, and it turns out that when i "TIP" the bartender a $20 up front, i get my drinks for free.

to tip the installer that was there for 10 mins isnt something that i would do, but if he was installing something for 7hrs, i would definetly make sure that he got a good tip and even a good lunch.

thats my 2 cents

Thread Information