Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need a new ISP!! -angry-

AOL is available in Australia, but there are several problems:

1) 20 minute idle disconnect time

2) 4 hour session limit

3) If you are in the top 10% of users (in terms of online hours), you are kicked off on an ever increasing basis to prevent you being a burden to their network

4) Credit card only - no credit card no Internet

5) To access Australian sites, your data has to go over to America and back to Australia - making for ping times of around 950ms :eek:

So many people don't use AOL - in short, it sucks. :shoot3:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Yeah, over here we have those problems too... BUT if you are a programmer (hint) and know some snealy code :P to launch a website in AOL and click the idle msg :) u are always connected thats why people say "Do u live on ure pc?!" i say no i leave the net on and i say "I dont get Disconnected like your ntl :P" heheh

Sammy
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

Also AOL compresses all graphics even further - when they recompress an already compressed JPEG it looks disgusting :eek:

Their is an option to turn it off....

Sammy
    Programmers Love games

Really? We're just so used to getting the raw end of the stick Internet wise here in AUS :(

Yup :) good few options on AOL i like it but i use the net somtimes and when i do its for an hour or so.. then i'll come back ina couple of hours and speak 2 someone etc... so i like AOL seeing as it's many options and i use my AOL Ilder (I made :)) to keep myself online so it saves me dialing out etc... plus it works with all AOL versions any country :)

Sammy
    Programmers Love games

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy

OK wiggo, i'll break this one to you slowly. country towns & ISPs = Err, no...

in the city, you get heaps of different ISPs popping up and competing against each other. in the country areas, it's not so good.. at the moment, there are 3-4 ISPs that I know of that are within local call range in my area.. not much choice really...

I live in a country area, I am with an ISP called Net2000, Unlim Hours, Unlim download and good speeds (for 56k), all for $300 a year, I think its a pretty good deal :thumb:

See ya'll be surprised at how many country towns arn't backwards. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information