Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a new ISP!! -angry-

i've just gone about $25 over my limit on last months bill, and i am sick of it. i go over every month, even if i dont download anything...
    what i have at the moment is Tel$tra Bigpuddle, unlim hours, 300mb download limit (:cry: ) and i want out, now!

i cant get cable :( and i dont have a lot of money
    i'd like to get one of Optus' 255hours and unlim downloads but that is about $37 or $39 i fyou dont live in an optus cabled area..I cant win!
    i dont really want to spend more than $30 a month but even that would be better than $50 like last month
    thanks in advance for ur suggestions guys...
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Beefy Guest

suggestion number 1: tell us where you live exactly..

Caboolture, qld.... itss north of brisbane, and no its not a local call to the city
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

I had an ISP to suggest untill I realized you were not in the US. Anyway.:p

It would be so much easier if ppl would add their location to their profile so that question doesn't have to always be asked. ;)
    But have you checked your local papers as down here in Sydney there are quite a few good little ISP's around that advertise in them. :smokin:
    <center> </center>

I just added it to mine. Because that is a good idea. :D

ooh ooh, i knew me book marking it would come in handy some time:
    the Australian ISP list
    http://www.cynosure.com.au/isp/

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    But have you checked your local papers as down here in Sydney there are quite a few good little ISP's around that advertise in them.
    <
    OK wiggo, i'll break this one to you slowly. country towns & ISPs = Err, no...

in the city, you get heaps of different ISPs popping up and competing against each other. in the country areas, it's not so good.. at the moment, there are 3-4 ISPs that I know of that are within local call range in my area.. not much choice really...

Well, in country areas of Australia there is a bit of choice, but there are strict download limits (Tel$tra charge rural ISPs a fortune for bandwidth).

I have been impressed with Optus, they have a PoP in Redcliffe that should be a local call from Caboolture.

Failing that, iPrimus has the nationwide Infinity plan for $32.95/month, unlimited downloads and hours (payable 3 months in advance). The only setbacks are 4 hour sessions and 20 minute idle disconnect times.
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

If you sit idle 20 minutes, you may as well discon.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information