Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: can't use internet connection sharing

My interent connection sharing software that is in windows 98 se won't work with new interent provider. I have a network of 4 computers on a dail-up connection. I have never had any problems with my network until my provider was bought out my earthlink. When interent sharing connection is installed on my computer I can connect but can't surf the web or send or get email( I get no signal from provider at all once connected). I have called earthlink about it several times and they say it isn't blocked but they can't help me. I never had any problems with apex or volaris. I had pre-paid with apex so I have 4 for months before I can change and where I live I don't have a lot of options. I have windows 98 se on all the computers with 256 mg of ram and 40g harddrives. My computer is the host and it is a amd 1.2 with ddr. I have a d-link switch and d-link dfe-530tx adapter in each computer. Any ideas to connect this problem is greatly appreciated.

I've found on occassions that sometimes changes made to your connection setup will screw ICS and uninstalling it then reinstalling will I found fix it. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information