Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Adsl slowing down

Hi I have prob with my dsl connection we have two accounts for one line but as soon as the other computer sit's for to long but still connected to the internet but not using the internet it slows down real bad on the other computer but as soon as the other computer goes to the internet its fine again both computer are using XP as OS we have no firewall If anyone as any answers i would be really happy thanks FIRE:bounce:
    P4 1.7 OC to 1.9
    512 mb of ram
    60g hd and 80g hd at 7200
    Samsung 32x10x40
    Samsung 52x Geforce 2 mx 440
    17" monitor

So do you have both of these computers connected to the same DSL line through a router? Or are you unplugging the ethernet cable from one and plugging it into the other whenever you want to use the other machine?

Also what DSL modem do you have, and does your service use PPPoE?

We share the same line through a hub then 2 diff lines to our computers and we are using pppoe its a samsung modem
    P4 1.7 OC to 1.9
    512 mb of ram
    Samsung 32x10x40
    17" monitor

Do you have the hub connected to the modem and then the PC's conected to the hub? Or is it like Wiggo's drawings in this thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...793#post115793

If the hub connected to the modem and the PC's conected to the hub, that should never have worked. At least not well anyway. Especially if you're trying to connect with PPPoE on 2 separate computers at the same time. Only one PPPoE per modem. Set it up the way that Wiggo's drawings have it.

If you do in fact have it setup the way that Wiggo's drawings are, what connection sharing software are you using on the main machine?

Later

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry but ya got me

We used this way before and it worked just fine. We have two accounts for the internet line we have a 1.5mbs down and around 400 up for the both of us what kinda of software should i use then if i want to share the internet
    P4 1.7 OC to 1.9
    512 mb of ram
    Samsung 32x10x40
    17" monitor

saying you have 2 accounts to get connected suggests that you can get support for this from you ISP

i havent had any experience with a multi-account connection, i thought it just meant u were allowed to use 2 ppl behind the modem, i would assume u get a pro-dsl modem and use the VPN connection to the pro modem to get onto the internet, and the pro modem does the actual internet connection.

in which case that means the modem would have an IP and the two machines are setting up a VPN line to the dsl modem (that diagram that "shouldn't work" can actually work)

i gues i'm saying, go ask your ISP, but also, what model DSL modem?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information