Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novell Uninstallation

Ah, yeah.
    i'm having some troubles with my laptop.

When i was using it at skool, the admin put all of teh novell networking software on it so i could l could link into the school network.

Only problem is, i dont go to school anymore, so i want all of this crap off of here. Although it appears to be WAYYYYY harder than i thought.

I used the uninstaller program which is located at C:/install/client32/admin but it doesnt seem to remove of all teh components and files. and things started to screw up.

so from teh same directory i re-installed it.

so how do i get rid of this crappy software, as it keeps interfereing with my homenetwork.

also, the strupid dick put a startup message that pops up when teh pc loads, and when you click "ok" it lets you log in. how do i get rid of this.

thanks

olie
    TT Original

the only way that i'm 100% sure it'll go away is with the goof ol' "format c:" :D....
    but if you can't format it for one reason or another.... you'll have to ask someone else

Yeah, I agree with Andy. Unfortunately that stupid Novell stuff hijacks everything that is networking. For some reason the uninstaller never takes it back to the way it was. You're doing it the right way. But I've never seen it removed cleanly. I would also suggest a format.

Later

hmmm

damn

i REALY dont wanna format it

i have no way of backing up my data on it (it wont recognise the home network nomore)

oh, i forgot to mention teh $8k worth of software i leeched from teh school network..... that and teh other 2GB of videos and stuff i downloaded.

school's high speed net finally came in hany :)

most of the software is distributed through novell, which means i dont have any of the install files

short list of what i got.... for free, and certainly dont want to loose.

Macromedia Studio Mx (flash, fireworks, dreamweaver etc.)
    Macromedia freehand 9
    Corel Draw 8
    Photoshop 7
    MS Office 2000
    a few other bits and pieces.
    TT Original

Well ya better find a way, can ya repair the os with the repair console enough to get the info moved thru ya network or can ya sys.restore to a point before this? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

actually, somehting just hit me:

go to here and dl the bootdisk, follow the instructions, and you can backup your stuff over the network, just won't be with a gui

i'll give that a go then andy....
    will post results
    TT Original

You didn't mention which OS you're using, but this guide might be of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by zetter
    You didn't mention which OS you're using, but this guide might be of some help.
    good guide.

I've found that it is also occasionally neccessary to open up network properties and manually remove everything. all adapters/protocols/etc. then manually reinstall windows networking..

tried that proggie, it didnt work...

oh yeah
    and i'm running win 98, i trhought i mentioned it but obviously not.

i'll try that digitalDD

thanks everyone
    TT Original

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information