Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sending files over the internet

When I try too send files through MIRC, or like AIM, it will not send files through my internal IP, but it will send through my external IP on MIRC. My external IP keeps changing. Is there a way too fix this problem? I am on a SDSL 768/768, no firewall or router and WinXP Home Edition.
    Please help, this is driving me crazy

This is a little past me but I know you need to allow certain ports from your client PC to do as they please.

Once you open these ports you shouldn't have any problems.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Ports open, how do i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by richard_dawson1
    Ports open, how do i do that?
    That's the part that is over me...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Maybe this link will help;
    http://www.mishscript.de/ircguide/appb1.htm
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    Good find Mr.C! :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Actualy I already tried that, i am going too see if my ISP will have a static routable IP. Thank you anyway.

Great and wonderful news, my ISP does NOT offer routable static IPs, so i guess i am screwed now.

He cant poen ports as hes not being firewalled/routed. His ISP may be able to do this for him is they block (which i doubt they do), but becasue the check gets sent every month regardless of whether they do or dont, they prolly wont. I think your pretty screwed .... unless ... possibly... you route/firewall your self. Then youll have put up a third IP (ISP DHCP IP, ROUTER IP, PC IP) which may work, unless your being blocked ports from the ISP as mentioned above. (again i doubt they do) I've found weird crap like that goes away when you setup a working routed network, but your gonna have to get a few pointers from your ISP.

the "unless... possibly" denotes im not 100% sure itll work.

i'd be more interested in why you want a static IP address, sending files from an application such as aim or mirc should require any alterations to the system if it has a direct connection to the internet, however you say something about internal IP and external IP, if u r having trouble with the PCs that are per-chance sharing the connection from a main PC, maybe you have to tweak some settings some more, perhaps you have a firewall either on the directly connected PC or included in the dsl modem..
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information