Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Got to be a dream - 56k @ 10kb/s

hhhmm I would have to agree...If he were still alive we would be better off. I wonder what the country would be like? much better! Also I wonder why we all have to pay for the (crimes?) of our forefathers. At the time it was perfectly acceptable and legal. (I am glad that it is gone for sure!!!!!) I also don't know anyone who was, knew, or had anyone in their memory that was a slave. I am a firefighter who has to deal with affermative action. For those that dont know what it is I will not say anything and let them find out and make their own opinions about it. Suffice to say that I dont agree with it but thats because I am a white male!

for the original reason of the post...I just wish I could download faster than 2.5!!!!!!!!

Australia to California @ 1576kbps atm. :devil win

A little slow for some reason. :?:

Yeah, Affirmative Action is no substitute for equality. I think they meant well when they came up with the original idea but like most programs it became a political agenda instead of an answer.
    Quotas just don't do anything to enhance or achieve equal opportunity.

If it is any consolation, even on 256 DSL you still get those 2.5 DL's (matter of fact, I'm currently DL'ing at .7) at times. But the rest of the time.......

I was so amazed when I was able to even get some bandwidth.
    There are 6 connections available in this town, I got mine -- 1 remains for the first taker.
    I was so sick of living in the 18th century I was beyond the point of desperation. If I had read one more article on projects to bring wireless access to a third-world country, I was going to freakin' move to one.

But hang in there man. If this little place can eventually get it, there is hope for you.
    This town doesn't even have street addresses, and FedEx refuses to deliver here. (LOL, didn't I just mention third-world)
    Disney's right, dreams can come true.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Welll according to the phone and cable companies they aren't even planning on bringing broadband out here as there is to small a consumer base for them to justify it.:mad: there are only about 200 homes out here and most of those are summer homes so only about 75 perm residents. They can't make any money so they aren't going to upgrade the equip. necessary for us... at least once a week i call them and ask when its going to be avail. just to let them know that we are interested in it. They have talked about installing a WISP but I don't know if they were serious or not. If I had the capital I would do it myself and screw them!@!!!!:laugh:

No city address? No billing address...

and Affirmative Action = Anti Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    No city address? No billing address...
    LOL
    It drives people nuts when they have to fill in that box on thier form.
    I give 'em the PO Box #, and they say, "No, your street address."
    Then you tell them that's the official address. They don't believe it for a second, like you're trying to put one over on them.
    Sometimes I tell them to call our Postmaster -- that way they can hear it official from a United States government employee.
    Most of the time I just say, "2600 Pennsylvania Ave." so they can put something in their stupid box and get on with it.:laugh:

Sometimes they try to put it a different way, as if I didn't understand the question. "What's your 911 address?"
    I just give them a blank stare and say "Huh?".

It gets way too funny when this is occuring over the phone

If someday one of them were clever enough to ask what address UPS delivers to, then they would be onto something.

CheeZmonZter - I think the only reason DSL ever came here is that the county has 1 of their Headstart programs in this village. Hope it stays here too!
    Pop. 114 (but not a 1-horse town by any means, there are 4 horses living in the city limits currently) and no, I'm not joking.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

lol well we have you beat on pop. and we still wont see it! I live in a small community surrounded by Nat Forest. There is no room to expand and no room to grow...I bought my house here 10 years ago for 63 k now its worth over 120k good for investments but it just shows how fast we ran out of space! A good investment for sure but still.....even worse i am at the end and i do mean end of the twisted pair lines....my 4 wires come out of the bundle and run into my house. I have to run thru every single junction and mess that they create. LOL the phone guys that come out to do repairs laugh when I tell them I get 26.4 or 28.8. They think I am luck to get that! grrrrrrrrrrr

Satelite maybe? :?:

Worse pings than i have now!!!! thought about it but they advertise pings of 500+ I get 200-300 right now...not good but not that bad!

Since i networked i have been getting blazing speeds on the laptop

usually range from 4.1k-4.8k/s

here is a screenie from What im getting ATM

4.3k steady the whole way
    TT Original

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information