Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got to be a dream - 56k @ 10kb/s

Alright, listen up folks - remembering I am currently connected through a standard 56k modem.

Just started downloading a song through Imesh as per usual and noticed it started downloading at around 8kb/s and thought well that's nice but it won't last.

But it ended up increasing to over 10kb/s for the entire song and even hit 15kb/s for a few seconds, but dropped back quickly to 10kb/s.

Is this normal for a 56k connection? I usually get a max of 4 - 5kb/s.

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

not even close to normal...i used to get less than 3 when i was on dial-up, switched phone lines and got 4-5 as normal...never got above 6...never...

but now i've got cable and normally get 100 but have peaked over 200 a few times :flames:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

In theory, that's not even possible. It COULD be achieved by some very interesting compression, but I'm doubting that too. Was the total downloaded actually adjusting at roughly 10Kb/s?

In my experience, no, unfortunately that is not normal.

Once I had someone pushing me 10kps for over 35 minutes - I thought I was in heaven:laugh:
    I wasted no time in bringing up that users file list, too bad though, I find the rest of thier files to be wholly uninteresting.

Kind of cool when it happens though, ain't it:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Was the total downloaded actually adjusting at roughly 10Kb/s?
    It hovered around 10kb/s for the entire download. I am confused as the rest as you... downloading another song now at the regular 3kb/s.

:hammer:
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

it was too good to last...:devil win
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I agree with Beef, that isnt possible and if it did happen, its breaking a law... did the song actually take less time to dl or did it say 10KBps and take the time that 4KBps would take?

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    I agree with Beef, that isnt possible and if it did happen, its breaking a law... did the song actually take less time to dl or did it say 10KBps and take the time that 4KBps would take?
    My first thought was Imesh mis-reporting the download speeds. So I checked my Internet connected and it was in fact pulling in 10kb/s - I **** you not.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

You, you friend, are a felon, as one of those International Communications Commissions says max POTS downloads speed is 53KBps... or 6.625 Kb/s... CRIMINAL!

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    You, you friend, are a felon, as one of those International Communications Commissions says max POTS downloads speed is 53KBps... or 6.625 Kb/s... CRIMINAL!
    *Runs around and locks all doors and windows, then smashes computer on ground*

:laugh:
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information