Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ethernet.

I am trying to get a computer to recognize a lan card. the computer is an ancient Gateway P-1 200, I have installed a LAN card and the cpputer recognizes it but wont install the software. I have tried to get the install app to look at the Win 98 disk but it keeps telling me that there are no driver files for the device located there. Anyone have an idea where i can go to get some generic drivers for the LAN card? The card has no manufacturer name on it.

Trying placing it in different PCI slots. Did it even include any drivers?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Usually with 98/SE you'll have to browse the driver disk to the Win98/Win9x folder. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I recieved the card used and there is no driver disk for it i was assuming that 98se would see it and recognize it no problem. This computer is a slooooooow runner it takes forever for it to open a new windown so navigating it is like wading thru molases in alaska. (am i jaded now because of faster chips? were they always this slow back then?) I had it in another PCI slot before and it didnt even see the card then, after moving it WIN knows its an ethernet card but has no drivers for it. argg....if i could only find my drivers disk....

Have a look at the main chip on the nic and see if it has a make and model on it. ;)

here is a pic of the Card its self doesnt have any names on it. it does have a part #141211 424 rev 01A

Its a Realtek 8139C chip so just d/l the drivers for that. ;)

thanks a million. getting drivers now!

If I remember rightly the 8129 was the last supported Realtek nic with 98 which is why it doesn't have it but I have no probs with Realtek nics which I can't say for others. ;)

Thanks wiggo!:thumb: computer is now transfering all of Dad's crap off of it so that i can burn it and hand him the disks...now its time to get it into Seti crunching! poor thing is ooollllld but hey look on the bright side even if it takes 28 hours to do one its one less that HOS ( my main comp ) has to do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information