Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Play and burn cda-files on a network ?

Hello,

I made a small home network witch 2 computers. One has a cdrom-drive, the other a recorder-drive.

It is now possible to "play" and burn files from the cdrom-drive to the recorder. But....only for data.

It won't work for audio-cd's !! I cant play the cda-files on the other computer and also its not possible to copy an audio cd with the recorder.
    In both, the mediaplayer and Easy CD Creator I can only see the track-files (1 kb). It is not possible to play or burn the music.

Is there a way to solve this problem ??

Both puters with XP;
    All codecs installed;
    Connected with crosslink UTP;
    Protocol is TCP/IP
    Made shared cdrom-drive and recorder-drive vissible for the other puter with a drive letter. They also show up in the Mediaplayer and recorder.

Thanx and greetings

Why don't ya just use the PC with the burner to shadow the image itself to hard drive then burn it without usin' the 2nd PC? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Did that till now.

1. For fun;
    2. Out of curiousity;
    3. No need to make an image;
    4. Etc

Any suggestions in stead of questions ??

Greetz

Unless you got a burner w. burnproof or something like that.
    Because even w. 100mbps network, it might not be good enough and might create some coasters.

Yeah yeah, tested it with burning data already.

How about some suggestions that lead to the solution now ??

i would think you are looking for software that can fool windows into thinking a networked cd-rom drive is a local one - do a search for fake cd software, u will need raw cd-access to be able to read each data track of the audio-cd, not even sure if such a thing would work. interesting question none-the-less
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thanks for your reply !

I was also thinking that I would have to convert or image the cd to make it visible on the network.

But then again, there is no point doing it on the other puter.
    The fun was to do it "on the fly" from one computer to the other.

This works for a data-cd so why not for an audio-cd.

Do you (does anyone) know why or what is this difference in reading files through a network between audio and data ?

Thanks again and greetings

like i said, the system needs raw access to the cdrom drive to be able to pull audio. coz network access to cdrom enumerates the files stored on the cd and because its "file sharing" that you use to access the cdrom u only get the files it can see, hence crappy little cda files.

there is a reason why digital audio extraction utilities were made, audio cds are written track-by-track, each song is a new data track.

if a fake-cd application doesn't allow you to do it, then other than that i doubt it could be done
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thank you, I finally understand why now.

I will try a deep search for a ripper that is able to read "on the fly"
    Let you know if I find one.

Thread Information