Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shared files???

i took the screen shots of my laptop,i dont log on to either machines...what aabout that private thing you were talking about? i didnt see it there,i have nothing on my laptop anwyas so im figuring i should jsut format it if nothing works,casue im gonna format my computer anyways..but b4 i did i wanted to transfer some files from my computer to my laptop..whhich now im geitn the problem..the sharing files after i reinstalled xp on my laptop i didnt change anysettings...or modifya thing

For the second screenshot, I wanted the computer name tab. If you would please post that.

heres my computers computer name tab

One more, do the laptop's computer name tab also, please.

just wondering,what does the computer names tab have to do with anything?

Strange, when you posted the pic of the eeps24 properties it was the one that yor see when your computer is part of a domain or simple file sharing is disabled. It even allowed you to specify how many users can access the share.

I have a couple of Ideas. First letsmake sure simple file sharing is enabled. Open my computer, go to tools, then go to folder options. Click on the view tab. See if "use simple file sharing" is checked. If not, check it, and try your share again.

If that doesn't work, go to the control panel, then go to user accounts. Take your profile, and put a password on it. Then go to the other machine, make sure you have a profile (in the same place) with the exact same name, and password. Re-boot both machines, and see what it does.

That's pretty much all I have, hope it helps.

Later

it didnt work...but thanks for your help.......im just gonna format it and slap w2k server on that *****:thumb:

lol:rofl: sound like me talking...."When It don't work format that *****
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information